Saturday, August 6, 2016

Yurt Inside a Yurt

I took these pictures after I built my ten foot diameter camping yurt.  I had earlier built a 16 foot diameter yurt as a prototype to get some experience with construction problems before commiting to a design for a yurt that I would actually take on the road.  So here I was setting up the ten foot yurt inside of the framework of the 16 foot and it being a sunny day and the shadows of the two frameworks creating interesting overlaps, I took some photos.

I made the ten foot yurt a lot less tall than the 16 foot yurt since I needed a twelve foot ladder to get at the center ring of the 16 footer and I knew that I wouldn't be taking a long ladder camping.



Overlapping doors.

This picture gives a good indication of the difference in volume between the ten and sixteen foot yurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment